Welcome to the South Vancouver
Seniors Hub - Active Together!
Click to join our Mailing List
Current Hub News...
SEE OUR HUB BLOG for recent posts and news >> just scroll down that page for updates.
• This weekend, Come Celebrate Earth Day at Champlain and Everett Crowley Park April 21 + 22, 2018. More here
• Hep B Blood Screening on Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 9:00am-3:00pm at Killarney Community Centre. More here
• South Vancouver Community Food Hub at South Vancouver Neighbourhood House opens on May 1st, 2018! More here
• Join us for our Spring Open House at South Vancouver Neighbourhood House on Saturday, May 5th 2018. More here
• Mexican Cinco De Mayo Fiesta at Killarney Community Centre on Saturday, May 5, 2018 begins at noon. More here
• Free Move for Health Day at Killarney Community Centre on May 10, 2018 all day. More here
• Vancouver Earthquake Preparedness: You and Your Pet at Killarney Community Centre on May 23, 2018 at 7pm. More here
• Free Champlain Heights Community Festival, Saturday, June 2nd. More here
• Free Gear up to Celebrate Seniors Week June 8th with Latin Funk @ Killarney. More here
• Free Canada Day Celebration @ Sunset Community Centre, Sunday, July 1st, 2018. More here
• Bus Trip Summer BBQ @ Peace Arch Park Monday, July 16th. More here
• There are upcoming workshops that Allies In Aging is offering from April to June this year. These ongoing educational workshops are geared for volunteers and service providers who work with seniors. More here
• Participate in a brief survey on issues seniors are facing when accessing public spaces within our cities. More here
• Learn about Indigenous Rights History - Participate in the Blanket Exercise on April 4th at South Vancouver Neighbourhood House. More info here
• PDF Report Out: 2017 Monitoring Report released by the Office of the Seniors Advocate. Read it here
• There's a New Caregiver's Support Group at the Seniors Hub - offering community resources and events coming up. More here
• Caregiving for Seniors and Isolation. More here
• The First Link Program® is a referral program designed to help newly diagnosed people with dementia get the help they need as soon as possible. More here on our blog
• An online resource that tracks the availability of nursing home beds in BC shows more than 150 beds remain empty despite ongoing waiting lists for seniors. More here
• The Seniors Hub Council welcome vibrant, active folk 55+ who love working together to build community and network resources. Come volunteer with us!
We are presently welcoming new Council members, Transportation Committee members and other positions - Come join us!
*Thank you for visiting the Seniors Hub - our site continues to grow so be sure to visit often for updates... Join our mailing list to stay in touch. Click here to learn more about our mission and goals.
Click to set custom HTML