Welcome to the South Vancouver
Seniors Hub - Active Together!
Click to join our Mailing List
Current Hub News...
SEE OUR HUB BLOG for recent posts and news >>
• To break free of Senior's social isolation, it’s up to each of us! Allies In Aging is one of nine projects across Canada; check out this short video from our Quebec colleagues. More here
• There are 4 upcoming workshops that Allies In Aging is offering from February to April this year. These ongoing educational workshops are geared for volunteers and service providers who work with seniors. More here
• Winter Safety and Preventing Falls for Seniors. More here
• Have you or someone you know had a Stroke? Researchers from the University of British Columbia are conducting a study on improving brain functioning after a stroke and are looking for participants. More here
• Good News! Neighbourly Together Gets Together. More here
• PDF Report Out: 2017 Monitoring Report released by the Office of the Seniors Advocate. Read it here
• There's a New Caregiver's Support Group at the Seniors Hub - offering community resources and events coming up. More here
• Caregiving for Seniors and Isolation. More here
• New Program! Allies in Aging collaborates to connect seniors across our communities through leadership, outreach, transportation, training and advocacy. Projects are designed to connect seniors who are 75+ with people and services to reduce isolation due to disability, low income, language or cultural barriers. More here
• GOOD NEWS! Long-awaited Killarney Seniors Centre breaks ground! More here
• SVNH and the Seniors Hub are partnering with AssistList, a volunteer-run non-profit society that wants to help Greater Vancouver residents connect and exchange home health medical equipment, such as mobility and adaptive aids. More here
• The First Link Program® is a referral program designed to help newly diagnosed people with dementia get the help they need as soon as possible. More here on our blog
• An online resource that tracks the availability of nursing home beds in BC shows more than 150 beds remain empty despite ongoing waiting lists for seniors. More here
• The Seniors Hub Council welcome vibrant, active folk 55+ who love working together to build community and network resources. Come volunteer with us!
We are presently welcoming new Council members, Transportation Committee members and other positions - Come join us!
*Thank you for visiting the Seniors Hub - our site continues to grow so be sure to visit often for updates... Join our mailing list to stay in touch. Click here to learn more about our mission and goals.
Click to set custom HTML