Welcome to the South Vancouver
Seniors Hub - Active Together!
Click to join our Mailing List
Current Hub News...
SEE OUR HUB BLOG for recent posts and news >> just scroll down that page for updates.
• Seniors and older adults are essential to helping the ONE TO ONE Literacy Society engage book lovers through our summer program - Join us. More here
• Good News! Family Caregivers of BC Applauds $75 Million in New Caregiver Support Funding. More here
• SVNH is relaunching our Information & Referrals program. More here
• The VPD presents a Seniors’ Health and Safety Fair on July 19, 2018. More here
• TransLink and Seniors on the Move present Transit Training for Seniors at Collingwood Neighbourhood House. More here
• 「華人社區響應網絡」成立 關注長者受虐 More here
• Good News! After many years of planning, hard work and dedication from Lorna Gibbs and SVSACS, the Killarney Seniors Centre is finally open! Time to Celebrate!! More here
• New Online Resource - Canadian Virtual Hospice - The Canadian Virtual Hospice provides support and personalized information about palliative and end-of-life care to patients, family members, health care providers, researchers and educators. More here
• Article: Reaching the Golden Years in Style. More here
• Article: Oral Health Guide for Seniors. More here
• Article: Prepping Your Home for Your Loved One with Alzheimer’s. More here
• Article: Budget-Friendly Home Modifications Can Enhance Security for Seniors. More here
• Article: Helpful Home Modifications Can Keep Seniors on the Move. More here
• Article: Online Resources on Home Safety for Seniors. More here
• Participate in a brief survey on issues seniors are facing when accessing public spaces within our cities. More here
• PDF Report Out: 2017 Monitoring Report released by the Office of the Seniors Advocate. Read it here
• There's a New Caregiver's Support Group at the Seniors Hub - offering community resources and events coming up. More here
• Caregiving for Seniors and Isolation. More here
• The First Link Program® is a referral program designed to help newly diagnosed people with dementia get the help they need as soon as possible. More here on our blog
• An online resource that tracks the availability of nursing home beds in BC shows more than 150 beds remain empty despite ongoing waiting lists for seniors. More here
• The Seniors Hub Council welcome vibrant, active folk 55+ who love working together to build community and network resources. Come volunteer with us!
We are presently welcoming new Council members, Transportation Committee members and other positions - Come join us!
*Thank you for visiting the Seniors Hub - our site continues to grow so be sure to visit often for updates... Join our mailing list to stay in touch. Click here to learn more about our mission and goals.
Click to set custom HTML