We believe that through volunteerism we can create meaningful and lasting change in our communities as well as the lives of people. We appreciate the contribution volunteers make to our programs, services and community. We recognize and respect your identity and believe that you have an important role to play in creating a fun, safe and inclusive community. Volunteers, and the contributions they make through volunteering, significantly enhance the quality of life, community spirit and our programs.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Enhanced feelings of self-esteem and self-worth
- Feeling of ‘having made a difference” in people’s lives
- Meet new people and build community
- Gain knowledge, skill and understanding of other ways of life
- Boost your own job and career prospects
- Greater understanding of programs and services for seniors
Our Philosophy of Volunteer Involvement
The achievement of the goals of this organization is best served by the active participation of members of our community. To this end, South Vancouver Neighbourhood House (SVNH) and The Seniors Hub accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels of the agency and within all appropriate programs and activities. The Seniors Hub services offer direct programs which are designed to encourage, empower, and to improve the quality of life for seniors. Also feel free to check out our partners website for more volunteer opportunities. We would like to invite you to bring your skills, talent and experience by filling out the form.