The following values and beliefs guide the relationship and work of the Hub:
- Seniors-led: The Hub is led by seniors (adults age 55 years or older). It promotes a healthy aging process, recognizing that needs vary according to generations. Seniors provide guidance on increasing options in and access to seniors programming.
- Belonging: The Hub strives to create a sense of belonging and inclusion and provide opportunities to be connected and engaged in the community
- Dignity and respect: The Hub operates on values of respect where everyone is treated with care and compassion. It aims to foster independence, self-esteem, dignity and empowerment for seniors and their families.
- Community-focused: The overarching intention of the collaboration between Partner Organizations is to maximize benefits for community and leverage resources effectively. The Hub engages with the community and can advocate on behalf of local seniors, their families and service providers.
- Openness: The Hub Partner organizations and the Council operate in a spirit of respect for each other and are clear and open about their intentions. They bring forward any issues that arise during the course of Hub work.
Statement of Diversity And Inclusion
WE ARE DIVERSE INDIVIDUALS of all ages, colours, ethnicities, nationalities, faiths & beliefs, cultures, abilities, socio-economic and education levels, sexual orientation and gender identities.
WE COMMUNICATE IN MANY LANGUAGES
WE VALUE AND CELEBRATE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We define diversity broadly and encompass many individual attributes.
WE CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT that actively embraces diversity and inclusion by recognizing the value in the uniqueness of all individuals.
WE STRIVE TO REFLECT THE DIVERSITY of our neighbourhoods in our membership, our Community Boards, our volunteers and our staff.
WE RESPECT ALL OUR NEIGHBOURS
We expect that all who come to our neighbourhood houses and camps, all those who provide or receive services, will extend the same respect to all.
WE ACKNOWLEDGE that we live, work, and play on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish peoples.