In recent years, seniors who rent their homes experience greater affordability challenges with close to half paying more than 30% of their incomes towards housing costs. There is also a growing population of seniors and older adults experiencing homelessness and a significant number of seniors living in Single Room Occupancy Hotels (SROs), many of them in inadequate conditions.
Your feedback about the housing needs of seniors, Elders, and older adults aged 55+ living in Vancouver will help shape policies, partnerships and advocacy actions being developed this year.
There are a number of ways to get involved:
- Attend a public engagement pop-up on Tuesday, April 4 10:30 am – 12:30 pm at Strathcona Community Centre, 601 Keefer St (Cantonese interpretation available, no registration required, light refreshments provided)
- Answer the online survey for seniors and older adults 55+, and caregivers and senior-serving organizations, closing on April 13.
- English: https://www.shapeyourcity.ca/…/seniors-housing-survey –
- Traditional Chinese: https://www.shapeyourcity.ca/…/seniors-chinese-survey
- Download the Conversation Kit to lead a discussion with seniors and older adults you know, and email the results to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2023
- Conversation Kit: https://syc.vancouver.ca/…/seniors-housing-conversation…
For more information, visit:https://www.shapeyourcity.ca/seniors-housing