The timeline for approval of the contract for the new Seniors’ Centre at Killarney has had to be adjusted because of heavy agendas at City Council.
The proposal has received approval from the Bid Committee and the new timeline is as follows:
Procurement processes for Design-Builder contract approval will be:
- February 22 Park Board approval and Park Board report
- February 24 City Council approval and Council Report
Design-Builder’s Proposed Project Schedule:
- D-B team contract expected to be in place early March 2016
- The Building Committee will meet the D-B team following contract award
- March – June Design development
- September 2016 Building Permit submission
- January 2017 to Spring 2018 Construction
During the month of February the necessary insurances will be put in place.
The name of the successful Design-Builder will not be released until the Park Board and City Council have reviewed and approved the proposal later this month. Please note,
Keith Jacobson has temporarily taken over as Chair of the Building Committee as Ainslie Kwan has taken a leave of absence until April.
Submitted by Lorna Gibbs