Outreach Volunteers will:
- Receive 18 hours free training
- Conduct door to door outreach in your neighborhood
- Share community resources, information, and services
- Help identify vulnerable seniors who are at risk
- Identify Friendly Neighbours who will help vulnerable seniors
- Serve as a Mentor and Mentee
- Assist Outreach Coordinator with activities and public events
- Living in Southeast Vancouver
- Have basic English written and oral skills
- Patient, friendly, and understanding
- Willing to help isolated seniors connect to our community
- Punjabi, Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish or ASL as strong assets
Volunteer screening will be on August 17, 2016.
Free training will start on August 23rd
For more information, please contact Ping: 604-324-6212 or by email.