Monday, June 4
- launch of a seniors transportation hotline with the support of partner agency bc211
- pop-up seniors transportation information event in partnership with TransLink at 1 – 5pm at Lougheed Town Centre station: Learn how to register your Compass Card, take a transit map home, and learn about the Seniors Transportation Hotline and transit options
Tuesday, June 5
- Active Transportation day in Kerrisdale by the Arbutus Greenway at 10am – 2pm: Try out bikes, trikes, urban poling, bring your bike for a checkup, get a bike map and pedestrian visibility resources, enjoy tea, snacks and more.
Wednesday, June 6
- Walking Wednesday will be Walkability Audits in various neighbourhoods.
Thursday, June 7
- Rideshare/shuttle service Thursday will be featuring HandyDART and the North Shore Go Bus.
Friday, June 8
- Elder Abuse & Wellness Forum 2018 at 9:30 am – 3:30 pm at Winslow Centre (1100 Winslow Ave. Coquitlam): This Forum will bring together seniors, seniors’ caregivers, and experts to talk about elder abuse, frauds & scams, and a positive focus on wellness. Visit over 30 exhibitors of seniors’ services. Food trucks will be on site for lunch purchases. Swag bags for attendees. Draw prizes throughout the day. Panel presentations and choices of workshops to attend. Coffee and Nutrition breaks.
Come for the information and network with friends. Registration is FREE. Register at Eventbrite on-line: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/elder-abuse-wellness-forum-2018-tickets-45370425163